journal de bord et humeur du jour

20 juillet 2009

Ode to the moon

As darkness blocks your shining light
Your newness in the still of night
You’ll peek out at me soon
Till then oh precious moon

A glisten to my hearts delight
Has peered out at this soul tonight
A waxing crescent blue
I dance within your hue

In luminous first quarter glow
As darkness fades I watch you grow
To waxing gibbous bright
A captivating sight

Now full as ever you can be
This lunar marvel that I see
My longing is complete
This moment bitter sweet

For darkness comes again so swift
To cast upon your precious gift
A waning gibbous creep
Your glow a destined sleep

Last quarter has you half the way
My heart a feeble cry of nay
I know it shall be soon
Till waning crescent tune

One final wink of lunar sight
Before you rest your shining light
Inside the nights cocoon
A new to peek out soon...
till light, sweet precious moon.

(Deo Volente // July 13, 2009)
(photos : internet)

2 commentaires: